Change of plans

PLANS, DISCUSSION AND PRICING FOR THE GATHERING - JUNE 26, 27, 28

Moderator: Chris

Change of plans

Postby cary » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:58 pm

As it always seems to go, plans/availability are changing. Tina's not going to be able to come to the reunion with me. We'll need to find someone else to take some pix. Also, it looks like I'll be there only thru Friday nite, leaving Sat morning. To be completely honest, tho I'm looking forward to it, if it wasn't so damn close to home, I'd be cancelling completely. But, at only about 1 1/2 hrs away, and with my son's family planning to attend the dedication, I'll be there..........just a shorter time.

It seems we're never in complete control of our own time, huh?
Cary
Da BOSS @ Retired & Lovin it !

I just can't help it. I am even a BAD INFLUENCE on myself !!!
cary
Mob Team Member
Mob Team Member

Start Date In-Country 1st Tour: 20 Aug 1971
End Date In-Country 1st Tour: 20 Aug 1972
Mob Team Member: YES

Re: Change of plans

Postby wemitchell » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:30 pm

I have been looking foreward to this reunion ever since SAM LEWIS told about it. Unfortunately COLITTUS & CROANS DISEASE has reared its ugly head again. I've lost about 15lbs so far & there is talk about a hospital stay again so I can't go. I been in 2 times already. Guess I got too many other things wrong w/ me for the meds. to take effect. So have FUN & please take lots of pics. See you latter.
wemitchell
Mob Team Member
Mob Team Member

Start Date In-Country 1st Tour: 07 Apr 1969
End Date In-Country 1st Tour: 09 May 1970
Start Date In-Country 2nd Tour: 04 Feb 1971
End Date In-Country 2nd Tour: 04 Feb 1972
8th MOB Wife: YES

Postby Chuck » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:29 pm

Oh man, Eddie! When it rains it pours! Hang in there brother!
"Those who pound their firearms into plowshears will plow for those who didn't."
Thomas Jefferson
Chuck
Mob Team Member
Mob Team Member

Start Date In-Country 1st Tour: 23 Dec 1969
End Date In-Country 1st Tour: 22 Dec 1970
Start Date In-Country 2nd Tour: 14 Aug 1971
End Date In-Country 2nd Tour: 04 May 1972

Postby Buzz » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:59 am

I'm afraid Sandy and I also have to change our plans…for a couple of reasons. One is simply that we're trying to figure out how we can put a new engine in her car. Her engine is shot…has to be rebuilt or replaced. She's been using one of our neighbors' car…but that's a band aid. Sandy needs her car for work!

The second, and much more serious problem, is that our daughter's health is declining, with no known cure available at this time. (She had spent a week at the Mayo, and even those doctor's had to tell her there's nothing they know of that they can do. She and her husband just came back for a week to visit, and it broke my heart to see her confined to a wheelchair (she's 32). She can't work, obviously, and the f'ing government has denied her Social Security Disability help. My son-in-law has to work all the overtime he can get, and that leaves Danielle (Dani) alone at home even more of the time now…and there are things she just can't do for herself. Sandy had spent a couple of weeks out there a few months ago…but now she has decided to go back out because she just can't handle the thought of Dani being alone so much of the time! It's a huge mess, and there doesn't appear to be any light at the end of the tunnel at this point. Dani has gone from a VERY active and healthy woman to a totally helpless and defeated woman who spends a lot of her time alone and crying., and it all came out of nowhere several months ago. Sandy just can't sit back and live with that.

Sorry to have to add to the number having to cancel, guys, but family just has to come first. Like Cary, I hate that it has come to this because I really, REALLY wanted to experience all the things we were gonna see and do…and, more than anything else there, I wanted to go visit old Wingnut's grave, and personally say goodbye to him, and let him know how much he meant to me, and how much I miss him. I fully expected to cry like a baby at that gravesite…and I believe I truly needed to do that, just for some closure. I'm afraid that's going to have to wait for another time, now.

Sam…I'm going to call and cancel my room, but I thought I'd ask first if there's anyone coming who wasn't able to get a room there. If so, I can just ask that the hotel reassign the room to whomever that might be. Let me know as soon as you can, okay? Steve, please say a private goodbye to Dick for me, and let him know I'll get there when I can. I know he'll understand…he ALWAYS understands…and I know he'd be more concerned about Dani and Sandy than he would about my not being there to visit him. That's just how he always was, and how I'll always remember him. That's just Wingnut…pure and simple.

I hope all of you attending the reunion have one helluva great time. I'll be there in spirit, guys!
Buzz
Mob Team Member
Mob Team Member

Start Date In-Country 1st Tour: 08 Apr 1970
End Date In-Country 1st Tour: 11 Apr 1971

Postby cary » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:21 pm

Buzz, Chuck, Eddie and anyone else that can't make it, I completely understand and I believe everyone understands, especially Ole Fugly. It won't be in a couple weeks, but I will get to Fugly's grave in time. I'll only be at this reunion a shortened time and I don't think Tina is gonna make it at all. I know everyone will be there in spirit. And Buzz- you ever gonna talk with me about that POS car ?
Cary
Da BOSS @ Retired & Lovin it !

I just can't help it. I am even a BAD INFLUENCE on myself !!!
cary
Mob Team Member
Mob Team Member

Start Date In-Country 1st Tour: 20 Aug 1971
End Date In-Country 1st Tour: 20 Aug 1972

Return to 2014 WRIGHT PATTERSON MUSEUM REUNION