2nd aerial port sq, little rock afb, ar

Talk about the things we did and how we did them as well as where we did them

Moderator: Chris

2nd aerial port sq, little rock afb, ar

Postby Jim » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:50 am

hi guys,,want to let you all know that our team mates that are still doing the job in a war...the 2nd aerial port sq had a get together to honor the fall team mates this past you...13 aerial porters past on in war this year...there is a total of 45,000 of them in the air force..i am trying to get ahole of msgt sam aubry,,,at little rock..i did email pubic affairs there about our web site and told them i was a porter and would like to talk to him...
Jim
Mob Team Member
Mob Team Member

Start Date In-Country 1st Tour: 24 Nov 1965
End Date In-Country 1st Tour: 24 Nov 1966
Start Date In-Country 2nd Tour: 05 Jun 1969
End Date In-Country 2nd Tour: 17 Apr 1970
Mob Team Member: YES

Re: 2nd aerial port sq, little rock afb, ar

Postby Chuck » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:10 am

2nd at Little Rock was my last PCS. Keep us posted. Wonder much it's changed and if for the better?
"Those who pound their firearms into plowshears will plow for those who didn't."
Thomas Jefferson
Chuck
Mob Team Member
Mob Team Member

Start Date In-Country 1st Tour: 23 Dec 1969
End Date In-Country 1st Tour: 22 Dec 1970
Start Date In-Country 2nd Tour: 14 Aug 1971
End Date In-Country 2nd Tour: 04 May 1972

Postby Jim » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:54 pm

i got this guys home phone, asked my son who is in mx there to look up his duty section phone..would like to asked guestion...13 fallen, over how long, 45000 porters over how many years..want to let them know about this website...as soon as i find out anything will let you all know...jimm
Jim
Mob Team Member
Mob Team Member

Postby Sam Lewis » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:54 pm

Doesn't surprise me too much, when you look at the Vietnam memorial, we have 12 names from the 8thAPS, 1 from the 14th, and 8 from the 15th. That includes death by natural cause, accidents, MIA's (plane crashes) and KIA's. Don't know what our troop numbers were, but that is quite a few from the ports in my opinion. I was surprised by the numbers, several were hostile fire at OL's and mobility's. I thought Webb Layton was our only MOB loss but that turned out to be incorrect. Same shit, different time!!! Two were killed in bars, now that's appropriate. Rocket hit O club at CRB, and a sapper lit up a bar is Saigon with our guy in it.

Jim, glad you are reaching out to those guys, we are all the same, eating red dirt and chasin planes!!!

Love ya Man!!

Sam Lewis
Sam Lewis
Mob Team Member
Mob Team Member

Start Date In-Country 1st Tour: 01 Jun 1969
End Date In-Country 1st Tour: 01 Jun 1970

Postby Jim » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:27 am

damn,,,hit a wrong button and ever thing i typed went away..got to start over....wonder this computer still works after i threw it across the room....damn thing....anyway...i talked to msgt sam aubry..we had a nice talk...he does know about this website...i emailed pubic affairs and they past on to him about it..the 13 guys were from 1 jan 2013 to now. some combat others from different deaths..i did not asked what,,,he works in atoc...command post..he is leaving in six weeks pcs to italy..he was once a combat control...i step on it telling him what i used to call them in nam...had a good laugh,,he was an old 605 before they changed it to 2t2..air force thinks it has to be like the army,,,ha....anyway there is a possible chance that i could be down to see my son in oct after he gets back from the middle fucking east..if i am and i told aubry i could be and he past me on to msgt johnson, who is also heading that way with my son...and he will be back in oct..to come out and see the guys there..anyway wanted to let you all know, they are doing the same thing we did but lots of years later...i did tell him about some of the things we did ...... :geek:
Jim
Mob Team Member
Mob Team Member

Return to On the Airstrip